here’s a more or lose thorough look through of the situation that is going on right now
Please DO NOT copy and paste this post to other forums/websites/etc without permission.
shared by: sharingyoochun@wordpress
Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun did request a disposition (note: not a lawsuit yet) asking SM to release them from their contracts. Yunho and Changmin aren’t involved. This isn’t just a rumour, it’s FACT. What remains a rumour is DBSK breaking up, athough if the three win (which they are very likely to – read below) then it is a possibility. ‘DBSK’ and ‘DBSK Disposition’ are hot issues on Korean portal sites right now and articles keep being uploaded, and it looks like SM is removing old posts by the members on their official website.
- The three members and the lawyer have been in contact discussing this issue for over 2 months now.
- They tried to negotiate a deal with SM Entertainment to resolve this issue in the best way possible but they could not reach an agreement.
- Therefore, they were forced to request a provisional disposition on the 31st against SM Entertainment to have them released from their contracts.
- The main reasons for them wanting to be released from their contracts include the fact that their contracts were basically like slave contracts.
- Their contracts were for 13 years.
- Their earnings are split 8:2 or 9:1 (with the smaller numbers being the five members and the larger numbers being SM Entertainment. For comparison, JYP Entertainment splits 5:5 with their groups even the new ones.).
- *Other reasons being mentioned, though not by the lawyer, include the members being overworked and SM Entertainment not being happy with the make up business the three started with their parents.
- If SM Entertainment does not release them from their contracts, they are prepared to file a lawsuit and go to trial.
- An official statement regarding this issue will be released by the three members soon.
SM’s side of the story (straight from the mouth of their representatives):
- They admit that there has been some disagreement between them and DBSK recently but they are ‘shocked’ that DBSK took the issue to court.
- They are currently having an emergency meeting and will release an official statement soon.
While DBSK probably makes the most money in SM Entertainment, don’t think for a second that SM Entertainment is smart enough to keep them. Look at H.O.T. (LSM denied they were breaking up when articles began to appear about them breaking up just like they are now about DBSK; a few days later H.O.T. announced they were breaking up) and Shinhwa (SM only wanted to negotiate new contracts with two of the members; they are amazing for being able to leave SM Entertainment TOGETHER and buy the name Shinhwa from SM Entertainment).
On the other hand, note that the three asked to be released from their current contracts. This doesn’t necessarily mean that DBSK are breaking up or that the members are leaving SM Entertainment (they could sign new contracts).
The only thing you can be sure of is the fact that the three members are not happy with their current contracts and would like to be released from them.